Sasaab, Samburu National Reserve
If you find meeting new people and discovering their cultures as fascinating as watching wildlife, Sasaab can introduce to the best of both worlds.
You cannot fail to be awestruck when you come face to face with an African elephant in its natural habitat, for the first time. Especially if they stroll right up to your safari vehicle – quite a common occurrence in Samburu.
Taking a camel ride, or walking, through the vastness of the African plains is also a pretty fulfilling and impressive experience.
But will it be as memorable as meeting the men, women and children of the nearby Samburu communities? These proud people have a fascinating, rich culture that survives in their daily life – as well as their spectacular Morani and Manyata dances, wedding celebrations and blessing rituals. They also have a long tradition of hospitality towards strangers and will happily welcome you to the weekly local markets packed with stalls selling art, jewellery and clothes.
Sasaab, at a glance
- Sensational and stylish lodge set in a wild landscape bordering Samburu National Reserve
- Just nine huge rooms with tented or thatched roofs
- Four poster beds with curtains
- Elegant en suite bathrooms, private verandas and plunge pools
- Wildlife and river views
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting swimming pool
- Excellent spa on the banks of the river, with a range of rejuvenating treatments
- Cultural trips to meet the Samburu people
- Day and night game drives to see elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah, giraffe, ostrich, endangered Grevy’s zebra, oryx and gerenuk
Four-night 'Lion Watch' Safari
A four-night 'Lion Watch' safari costs from £2,838 per person. A stay at Sasaab comes with all meals, drinks, laundry and bespoke activities. The price also includes Kenya Airways flights from Heathrow and private transfers throughout.
Start building your own itinerary
Whether you're a new or existing customer get in touch with any of our Kenya experts. Everything we do is tailor-made, our experts are ready today to start creating your own personalised itinerary.Email the team