An ultra-luxurious safari lodge with sustainability at its heart, Xigera sits beautifully amidst the riverine forests, lily-filled lagoons and open floodplains of the mighty Okavango Delta.
Set on a riverine island within the Moremi Game Reserve, Xigeria lies at the heart of a true wetland paradise traversed by lion, spotted hyena, leopard, sitatunga antelope and elephant. You’ll be able to experience the wonders of the region in a variety of ways, from exciting photographic game drives to insightful guided walks and excursions in glass-bottomed mokoros. Finishing off with magical ‘feet-in-the-water’ sundowners. With no set times or itineraries, a truly personalised experience in this UNESCO World Heritage Site awaits.
Set beneath ancient jackalberry, leadwood and mangosteen trees, the lodge’s 12 air-conditioned suites are carefully positioned to ensure panoramic floodplain views – allowing you to watch passing wildlife from the comfort of your own deck. The interiors showcase the handcrafted work of some of Africa’s most renowned artists. As well as a swimming pool, lily-inspired spa and gym, the property is made up of an inviting lounge and dining room, a star deck, traditional boma and outdoor fire-pit.
Xigera Safari Lodge, at a glance
- Ultra-luxurious safari lodge set on a large island in the Okavango Delta
- Surrounded by deep channels, lush vegetation and glorious river views
- Accommodates just 24 guests in 12 air-conditioned suites and one Baobab Treehouse
- All suites have full bathrooms and outdoor showers, private decks and eco-sensitive amenities
- Interiors are full of the work of African artists and inspired by the natural surroundings
- Dine on African-inspired cuisine in the dining room
- Enjoy breakfast, lunch or an intimate picnic in the bush
For leisure and pleasure
- Emphasis on water activities, with traditional mokoro and motorboat excursions on the menu
- Morning and afternoon game drives throughout the year
- Walking safaris with expert guides, seasonal catch-and-release fishing, photographic safaris and workshops
- Exceptional birdwatching opportunities, with Pel’s fishing owl, African skimmer, wattled crane and more to spot
- Embark on a scenic helicopter flight for a birds-eye-view of the Delta
- Enjoy private yoga sessions
- Traditional boma and outdoor fire-pit
- Star deck
- Air-conditioned library, bar and wine cellar
- Swimming pool, spa, well-equipped gym and Wellness Centre