With its tranquil riverside setting, Ngare Serian is one of the most intimate camps in all of the Maasai Mara.
Hugging the banks of the Mara River, this secluded little camp provides a truly romantic and peaceful escape. Sister to the original Serian camp, Ngare sits in its own exclusive conservation area and can only be reached on foot via a narrow rope bridge.
You’ll find just four expansive guest tents, each elegantly appointed with Zanzibari four-poster beds, open bathrooms and verandas for watching the world go by. The fast-flowing waters of the nearby river sets a soothing soundtrack, punctuated by the laughs of the local hippos that come to drink. For even more seclusion, you can spend a night out in the camp’s treehouse, ‘The Nest’, just a short distance away.
With exclusive use of a safari vehicle and guide during your stay, you’ll have ample opportunity for exploring the varied landscapes of the Mara North Conservancy. From early-morning game drives to insightful bush walks, off-road excursions and river fishing - how you fill your days at Ngare Serian is entirely up to you. Back at camp, meals are served family-style in the cosy dining room.
Ngare Serian, at a glance
- Secluded camp set on the banks of the Mara River
- One of just a handful of member camps in the private Mara North Conservancy
- Four elegantly-appointed riverside tents with adjoining bush bathrooms
- Hot and cold running water, flush toilets and showers
- Hardwood verandas with built-in outdoor bathtubs
- Dine in the main mess area or on the lawn by the river’s edge
- Free to set your own schedule
- Perfect for families or small groups
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided bush walks in Serian’s private concession
- Day and night game drives in the Mara North Conservancy
- Opportunity for off-road driving
- Fishing in the river
- Treehouse sleep out
- Sundowners, bush dinners and picnic lunches under trees