Shake off the dust of your Tanzanian safari at this inviting lodge set at the heart of a vast and verdant coffee plantation.
Nestled in the foothills of rugged Mt Meru, the Arusha Coffee Lodge enjoys a serene spot on one of Tanzania’s oldest coffee plantations. From the homely feel of the lodge to the friendliness of its staff, this is the perfect pre- or post-safari retreat. When not strolling about the coffee fields, pampering yourself in the spa or relaxing poolside, you can ask your hosts about excursions to the Museum of Natural History or the nearby Masai market. The ‘bean-to-cup’ coffee tour is a must, whilst a game drive into Arusha National Park, complemented by a picnic lunch, makes for a wonderful day out.
Reminiscent of traditional plantation houses, the 30 airy wooden chalets are dotted about the lodge’s fragrant grounds. Expect to find romantic four-poster beds, homely log fires and split-level lounges. Private balconies are perfect for looking out over the swathes of berry-laden coffee bushes. The main lodge houses the ‘a la carte’ restaurant, as well as a bistro, bar and lounge complete with open log fires you can warm up next to in the evenings.
Arusha Coffee Lodge, at a glance
- Set on one of Tanzania’s largest coffee plantations on the doorstep of Arusha town
- An ideal place to relax at the start or end of your safari holiday
- 30 modern and beautifully furnished Plantation Rooms and Suites
- Amenities include log fires, rainfall showers, large bathtubs, mosquito netting and overhead fans
- Split-level lounge areas and private decks overlook the coffee bushes
- Gourmet restaurant with a wood-fired pizza oven
- All-day bistro and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Enclosed swimming pool and a lovely garden terrace
- Indulge in relaxing spa treatments
- Daily game drives with a picnic lunch to Mount Meru and Arusha National Park
- Day trips to the Ngorongoro National Park
- Visits to the Masai Market and Museum of Natural History in Arusha
- Observe the coffee roasting process