With just 12 guests accommodated in six tented suites, a stay at Kicheche Laikipia is a wonderfully intimate and personalised experience.
Each suite has its own veranda overlooking a dam where wildlife are frequent visitors. The lounge and dining area is spacious and cosily furnished, with the addition of two roaring fireplaces that are perfect for huddling around during cooler evenings.
Kicheche Laikipia enjoys an exclusive location in the remote Ol Pejeta Conservancy, whose 90,000 acres of pristine wilderness provides sanctuary to a thriving population of elephant, lion, cheetah and black rhino. As well as more unusual northern species such as Jackson's hartebeest and Grevy’s zebra. The range of activities the camp provides to explore the area is extensive. Choose from guided walking safaris, day and night game drives, canoeing and even mountain biking. All with an epic backdrop of Mount Kenya.
Kicheche Laikipia, at a glance
- Exclusive and luxuriously appointed tented camp in Laikipia’s private Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- Home to Kenya’s largest population of black rhino
- The camp sits on the edge of an indigenous forest overlooking an active waterhole
- Six spacious tented suites with private decks and ensuite bathrooms
- Delicious meals can be enjoyed in the dining tent or alfresco under the star-filled African sky
- Classic safari decor with African artwork and textiles
- Outstanding guiding
- Environmentally friendly
- Flexible schedule of activities
For leisure and pleasure
- Picnic breakfasts and scenic sundowner drinks
- Day and night game drives in safari customised 4WD vehicles
- Guided walks offer a different perspective on the bush
- Unique mountain biking safari
- Lion tracking programme which monitors the areas lions
- Great stargazing
- Canoeing on the dam in front of camp
- Visit the Wildlife Educational Centre for a deeper insight into the conservancy and its fauna
- Observed rescued chimps at the Chimpanzee Sanctuary
- Visit the Northern White Rhino Enclosure