It’s the place where professional film-makers visit in the confident knowledge they’ll be working in one of the most game-accessible and devastatingly beautiful regions of Southern Africa.
You, of course, will be on holiday and you probably won’t have a full film crew with you. But that won’t stop you taking a portfolio of stunning wildlife shots. By choosing Duba Explorers Camp for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana you’ll be placing yourself in a private 77,000 acre concession in the heart of the Okavango Delta’s game-rich habitat of woodlands, floodplains and palm-dotted islands.
So you can expect to see huge numbers of red lechwe, greater kudu and tsessebe. Giraffe wander across the landscape, whilst elephants and hippos revel in the cooling mud of the marshes. Leopard and brown hyena can be observed, along with a great diversity of birds – ranging from rare wattled cranes and Pel’s fishing owl to white-backed night heron and marsh owls.
Duba Explorers Camp, at a glance
- Small, exclusive camp raised on wooden decking on an Okavango Delta island
- Only accessible by aircraft
- Choice of just six expedition-style tents featuring light, airy canvas walls and large tented beds
- All have hardwood floors and en suite facilities including indoor showers
- Private verandas for relaxing, birdwatching and enjoying the views
- Fans and ingenious design maintain comfortably cool temperatures
- Open concept dining area beneath sweeping canvas wings – serving excellent food amidst delicious views
For leisure and pleasure
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives in open 4x4 safari vehicles
- Expeditions led by expert and knowledgeable local guides and trackers
- Boat safaris and activities when the water levels permit
- Safaris to see and photograph prides of lion, elephants, hippos, herds of red lechwe, leopards and brown hyenas
- Great birdwatching including sightings of wattled cranes, night heron and fishing and marsh owls
- Fire pit for sundowners and recounting the day’s sightings