This is your opportunity to relive the lifestyle of the original African explorers and safari hunters – walking through untouched habitats, tracking wild animals on foot, living in canvas tents.
You hold your breath. You have been tracking the spoor through dense bush, and now you can see your quarry above the waist-high grass. It’s one of Africa’s most dangerous animals, but it’s not a lion. It’s a magnificent male buffalo.
Turn your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana into a real life adventure with Footsteps Across the Delta and you’ll experience many such moments. You’ll be walking through the riverine forests, the palm islands, the swamps and dry sandveld that make up the remarkable Okavango Delta region.You’ll paddle a mokoro through wetlands. You’ll be sleeping in a tent with only canvas walls between you and the nocturnal wildlife. And you’ll be building a bank of memories that will stay with you for the rest of your life.
Footsteps Across the Delta, at a glance
- Traditional safari camp in the midst of the Okavango Delta - one of Africa’s richest and least tamed regions
- Choice of just three spacious, genuine Meru canvas tents
- Specially designed with sewn-in canvas floors
- Private bucket showers and porcelain, flushing conveniences
- Daily laundry service
- Classic bush kitchen with a chef preparing specialities to suit you
- Dining and yarning around the camp fire
For leisure and pleasure
- Guided walks with expert trackers, following animals like lions, zebra, giraffe, elephants, hippos and water buffalo, hyenas and jackals
- Early morning spoor interpretation to reveal the night’s activities
- Superb bird watching
- Bush walks reveal fascinating reptiles, small mammals and a world of bizarre insects
- Mokoro excursions to discover the animals of the riverine habitat
- Fishing expeditions
- Game drives are also an option