Situated in a distant part of the enormous Central Kalahari Game Reserve in central Botswana, guests of Kalahari Plains Camp enjoy some of the very best game viewing to be had in all of Africa.
This is especially true in the summer months when the rains bring the harsh desert landscape to life and a wide variety of plains game and predators converge - including cheetahs, red hartebeest, honey badger and the region’s famous black-maned lions. Guided game drives will introduce you to the incredible wildlife found in this wonderful area, while San Bushmen provide insight into the unique culture of this ancient tribe.
The camp has just eight canvas, Meru-style en-suite tents with a central lounge, dining and pool area. All are raised a metre off the ground to catch the breeze and take in the sweeping view across the Kalahari and a huge pan. Each tent has its own dedicated sleep-out platform which are perfect for enjoying a night under the stars.
Kalahari Plains Camp, at a glance
- Superb location in the northern end of one of Africa’s largest protected reserves
- Choice of eight raised canvas safari tents on wooden decks
- En-suite bathrooms
- Raised sleep-out platforms for star-gazing and sleeping beneath the sky
- Astounding plains views
- Excellent meals served in the inviting dining/lounge area
- 100% solar-powered alongside insulated canvas walls and roofs
For leisure and pleasure
- Sun-warmed swimming pool and deck
- Game drives to follow the seasonal wildlife
- Intuitive bushman walks with indigenous guides with unique generational knowledge and insight
- A rich game watching experience that varies with the seasons and includes some of the world’s best cheetah viewing
- Brilliant birding including sightings of vultures, bustards, sandgrouse, shrike, waxbills and sparrow lark amongst the 220-recorded species
- Enjoy excursions to Deception Valley and Sunday Pan