It’s an old truth amongst experienced ‘safaristi’; the further off the beaten track you trek, the better your chances of watching life in the wild.
The Linyanti Bush Camp is definitely off the beaten trek! It is set in private game reserve that borders the western boundary of the renowned Chobe National Park – an area that is famous for its large herds of elephants, reckoned by many naturalists as being amongst the largest in Africa.
But specify Linyanti Bush Camp as one of the destinations on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana and you’ll find that it’s not just the camp’s remoteness that provides such an abundance of wildlife watching. It stands on the banks of the Linyanti Marshes – the only source of water for miles around in the dry season – so a huge variety of different creatures, emboldened by their thirst, come down to drink in plain view.
Linyanti Bush Camp, at a glance
- Authentic safari camp on the banks of the Linyanti Marshes
- Tented camp offering 12 beds
- Remote location but hardly primitive!
- Spacious tents have large double beds
- Rustic but stylish, safari-type furniture
- En suite bathrooms with fixed showers and constant hot water
- Known for its excellent chef-prepared food
For leisure and pleasure
- Daytime and nocturnal game drives
- Walking safaris with local trackers
- Excellent hides for viewing
- Marvellous bird watching
- Boating and fishing safaris
- Mokoro safaris with experienced guides
- Elephant, hippo, crocodile, lion, sable, leopard, roan, wild dogs, sitatunga antelope, impala and red lechwe often spotted