Proving the adage that ‘small is beautiful’, Little Vumbura is beautiful- and extremely attractive to discerning guests and hosts of wildlife.
It isn’t just the camp that is picturesque. Little Vumbura is shaded by trees and is surrounded by the tranquil, rich flood plains of the topmost reaches of the Okavango Delta.
Adding to the ‘small is beautiful’ theme, Little Vumbura offers just six tented rooms so visitors are sure of personal treatment and a safari experience that centres on their individual enjoyment and preferences.
The camp is a natural attraction for all manner of wildlife and exotic birds too, so you can be assured of viewing big (and small) game close up.
Little Vumbura, at a glance
- Set on a lovely private island in the northern reaches of the Okavango Delta
- Shaded by the canopy of an ancient Delta forest
- Six tented guest rooms with en suites
- Reading area overlooking the flood plains
- Stylish dining area with a star-gazing deck
For leisure and pleasure
- Cool plunge pool
- Aquatic safaris a speciality in either motor boats along the main channels or by dug out, mokoro canoes to secret game spots
- Game drives to track lion, leopard, elephants, sable and buffalo
- Huge number of different species of birds
- Walking with an experienced tracker for a safari from a different perspective
- Part of a community participation initiative