Lions and cheetahs, zebra, giraffe, elephants, hippos and water buffalo, hyenas and jackals – you’ll see them all from your horse, on foot or by boat from Motswiri Camp.
To the west lie the open floodplains of the boundless Okavango Delta and its wealth of nomadic wildlife. To the east are the riverine forests that line the Selinda Spillway and form an irresistible attraction for the region’s grazing animals, their natural hunters and, of course, visitors to Motswiri. This is the point where your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana turns into a real adventure. You will mount a horse and ford rivers, you’ll ride alongside families of trumpeting elephants or trot slowly towards great herds of buffalo.
Or you could walk. Guided bush walks allow you to see creatures you may miss on a game drive. They also give you the sensation of being part of nature – just one of the animals wandering through the great game reserve.
Motswiri Camp, at a glance
- Authentic safari camp set on the banks of the massive Selinda Spillway
- Surrounded by 120,000 acres of pristine game country
- Choice of five airy tents – including one designed for families - with hardwood floors and canvas walls
- Expansive verandas with great views over the Spillway and visiting wildlife
- En suite showers and conveniences
- Comfortable lounge and excellent camp cuisine, with candlelit dinners beneath the stars
For leisure and pleasure
- Horse safaris to follow elephants, buffalo, giraffe and a whole range of smaller game
- Bush walking safaris with expert trackers
- River safaris to watch the animals drinking on the banks
- Canoeing, power boat and mekoro expeditions along the Spillway
- River fishing
- Game drives and night drives
- Excellent birdwatching
- Dry season expeditions to a fly camp surrounded by deep bush