Whether you choose to go in the dry season, when the Okavango’s floodplain is revealed and animals are in plain view, or wait for the seasonal floodwaters when the landscape is transformed into a picturesque lagoon…you’re virtually guaranteed an unforgettable wildlife experience.
Chief’s Camp sits in the highly regarded Mombo Concession of the Moremi Game Reserve and is known locally as the predator capital of Africa. There is a huge abundance of big cats – including lions and even leopard – and prey animals.
All great reasons for making this camp one of the ‘chief’ destinations on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana.
Chief’s Camp, at a glance
- Award-winning safari camp in the Moremi Game Reserve’s Mombo Concession
- Choice 10 stylish bush pavilions
- Geoffrey Kent suite sleep up to six, very spacious with utmost privacy and superlative comfort
- Splendid views over the surrounding countryside from private decks
- Watch game without leaving your pavilion
- Tented, four poster beds and spacious lounging area
- En suite indoors as well as outdoor showers
- A fine selection of food and wine served on a deck with fire pit, overlooking the lagoon
For leisure and pleasure
- Outdoor spa with massages and invigorating treatments
- Lions, leopard, elephants, antelope, genet, hyenas and wild dogs are all commonly sighted close to the camp
- Morning and afternoon game drives to see giraffe, buffalo, impala and zebra
- Safaris available into the heart of the Okavango Delta
- Seasonal dugout canoe expeditions with highly experienced local guides to see hippos and crocodiles
- Visits to Victoria Falls
- Helicopter picnics to remote spots in the Delta