No-one can promise you’ll see leopards in the wild. But at Tubu Tree Camp, or its sister Little Tubu, you’ll have a good chance.
At Tubu Tree or Little Tubu Camp you will certainly see lion and elephant. And the thrill of driving up to a pride of sleeping big cats, or watching quietly as a giant, grey tusker walks slowly towards you is an experience never to be forgotten. Put either Tubu Tree or Little Tubu Camp on the itinerary of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Botswana and you’ll also, almost definitely, see herds of kudu, impala, brushbuck and red lechwe. Not to mention Burchell’s zebra, southern giraffe, tsessebe and blue wildebeest.
But will your ‘bag’ be complete without that leopard? If anyone can show you the most elusive – and therefore prized - of all the big cats, the expert guides and trackers of the two Tubu camps can.
Tubu Tree Camp and Little Tubu Camp, at a glance
- Traditional yet stylish safari camps neatly situated on Hunda Island
- Choice of just eight tents reached by raised wooden walkways (three at Little Tubu)
- Raised platforms for prime game viewing across the floodplains
- En suite bathrooms plus outdoor showers
- Family/group tent comprises two adjoining tents with separate bathrooms and shared lounge
- Main dining area on a raised deck to maximise viewing opportunities
For leisure and pleasure
- Raised swimming pool with commanding views of the surrounding delta
- Game viewing lounge
- Morning and afternoon game drives
- Converted Land Rovers giving all visitors an outside view
- Night drives to observe nocturnal animals
- Explore the crystal clear waterways of the Okavango in a dug-out, Mokoro canoe
- Boat excursions to remote channels
- Sleep outs and intense game viewing in a choice of hides