Ecologically friendly, the fence-less Kicheche Mara invites all the safari animals to come to you. With 8 beautifully decorated tents and a comfortable camp lounge, go for picnics in the bush and discover safari the way it was meant to be.
Tucked away in a beautiful, acacia-lined valley and protected only by a thicket of ancient olive trees, Kicheche Mara Camp is a familiar part of the landscape for passing animals. There are no fences; so creatures like elephants and giraffe feel completely at ease, strolling past within a few paces of the camp itself, on their way to the nearby Olare Orok stream.
So you could easily do some game viewing whilst eating breakfast in the airy tented dining room that opens out onto the bush on three sides. As well as taking part in a whole range of safaris and adventures designed around what you want to do.
Kicheche Mara Camp, at a glance
- Prime wildlife area in the Mara North Conservancy
- 20 minutes game drive from Mara North airstrip
- Eight tents and a family suite overlooking the Olare Orok stream
- En suite bathrooms and safari showers
- Triple and quad family tents available
- Comfortable camp lounge with great game viewing
- Spacious en-suite bathroom with running hot and cold water
For leisure and pleasure
- Hot air ballooning
- Early morning and late afternoon game drives arranged around you
- Close up viewing without disturbing the game
- Safari walks with interpretive guides
- Fly camps – overnight in the deep bush
- Bush breakfast, lunch and picnics
- Visits to Community Trust Projects and local villages