Set up along the Saparingo River, this sophisticated tented camp delivers an authentic Kenyan safari on a game-rich private concession bordering the Masai Mara.
You’ll find Kichwa Tembo on the edge of the Oloololo escarpment, an idyllic spot where riverine forest meets the sweeping Mara plains. All of the Big Five roam these parts, and in migration season, vast herds of wildebeest stretch as far as the eye can see. In addition to morning and afternoon safaris in open 4x4s, Kichwa Tembo offers interpretive guided bush walks and the opportunity to track nocturnal wildlife on exciting night drives.
The camp itself has a contemporary safari feel, with roll-up canvas walls to give you a sense of sleeping out in the bush. Split-level social areas provide space for guests to relax and unwind between activities, with huge windows for bringing the beautiful Mara landscapes inside. Facilities include a massage tent and interactive kitchen, but the star attraction is the rim-flow swimming pool with its panoramic Masai Mara views.
Kichwa Tembo Tented Camp, at a glance
- Elegant tented camp situated on a private concession on the western border of the Masai Mara National Reserve
- Choice of 40 luxury tents with ensuite bathrooms
- Maasai-inspired interiors with contemporary, stylish furnishings throughout
- Many tents have private decks or shaded verandas with stunning Masai Mara views
- Spacious and contemporary communal areas
- Wholesome, organic dining using produce from the lodge’s vegetable garden
- Dine al fresco beneath shady trees
- Water is bottled on site, and all hot water is heated via a solar water system
For leisure and pleasure
- Fantastic year-round concentration of wildlife, including the Big Five
- Ideal base camp for watching the annual Great Migration
- Choice of day and night game drives
- Bush walks along the Mara River and Oloololo escarpment
- Fantastic bird watching
- Early morning hot air ballooning available on a daily basis
- Bush dining under the starry African skies
- Rim-flow swimming pool on the edge of the Mara
- Excellent photographic opportunities
- Enjoy visits to a traditional village to learn about the daily rituals of the Maasai