Definitely offbeat, you’ll find yourself thinking as you sit outside your safari tent, sundowner in hand, listening to the Meru’s noctural inhabitants preparing for a night in the wild.
Offbeat but endlessly interesting, and surprisingly comfortable. This camp has only six very well equipped tents; which means you’re assured of a concentrated, under-canvas, safari experience. Plus a touch of luxury.
But the wildlife is the real point and in Meru and Bisanadi National Reserve you can ‘bag’ the big five. Expect to spot black and white rhino, reticulated giraffe, lion (you are in Born Free territory, after all), oryx, hippo, buffalo and buck, gerenuk and kudu. Even cheetah and leopard. Offbeat will take you off-track - tailoring your safari experience to your expectations – for the authentic sensation of Africa in the wild.
Offbeat Meru Camp, at a glance
- Set on the edge of the Bisanadi National Reserve and the Meru National Park
- Just six, very comfortable safari tents overlooking a beautiful riverine forest
- Each tent has traditional iron bedstead, en suite bathroom, safari hot bucket shower, solar lighting and romantic tilley lamps
- Dining in the main tent or around the campfire
- Lounge with sofas and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Great infinity-edge swimming pool overlooking the bush
- Day and evening game drives
- Evening walks with experienced guides
- Superb and diverse birdlife
- Elephant, lion, cheetah, leopard, giraffe, rhino and hippo
- Exploration of riverine forest and extensive park with 13 rivers
- Great fishing
- Bush breakfasts and sundowners