Polished wood patios set with dining tables and divans. White, tented beds. A brass telescope pointing at the stars. Difficult to believe you’re on safari, in the Masai Mara.
You rise early and step out onto your expansive veranda, to watch the ascending sun turn the landscape gold. Behind you, your romantically secluded cottage is furnished with classic antiques and a spacious, white, tented bed.
Yet you are actually in the heart of big game country and, in a short while, you will be walking through the hot bush with a Masai warrior, on the trail of the impressive game for which the area is famed. Or riding aboard a 4x4 safari vehicle, in pursuit of big cats as they stalk their prey. Or soaring above the plains in a hot air balloon, photographing the game scudding across the landscape below.
Make a Saruni safari part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Kenya and you will experience the spectacular.
Saruni Mara, at a glance
- Small and therefore very excusive, boutique lodge in the heart of the Mara
- Just five elegant cottages, a family villa and one private villa
- Observatory Cottage with large front deck, telescope and moon map
- Cottages typically feature glorious open plan bedrooms with spacious verandas and designer en suites
- Classic, white décor and safari-themed furnishings
- Excellent, chef-prepared cuisine plus breakfasts in secluded valleys and romantic dinners under the African stars
- Sundowners at known beauty spots
For leisure and pleasure
- Game drives through the renowned and game-rich Masai Mara National Reserve, the Mara North Conservancy and surrounding conservancies
- Night drives in the Mara North – not permitted in National Parks
- Guided bush walks with Masai warriors and hiking
- Warriors Academy teaching bush skills and tracking
- Superb bird watching with knowledgeable guides
- Massage and spa treatments
- Hot air balloon flights
- Cultural visits to local markets