You’re sitting in a deck chair, on your veranda, sipping tea in the afternoon sun. Then, out of nowhere, a hippopotamus ambles across the front lawn.
As well as the occasional hippo wandering through the camp, you’ll see a host of iconic African wildlife. Elephants bathing on the banks of the river. Crocodiles eyeing you impassively as you cruise past on your river boat. Hippos wallowing in the cooling mud, and your guide walking you quietly through a sanctuary dedicated to the rare black rhino.
A safari is definitely a big adventure. And if you choose Mvuu Camp as part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Malawi you’ll explore Liwonde Park, go on night drives to see nocturnal creatures and experience camping in the African bush.
Mvuu Camp, at a glance
- Traditional African safari camp overlooking a broad stretch of the magnificent Shire River
- Interesting mix of 12 stone and canvas chalets and luxury, family-sized tents
- Simple but comfortable interiors with Malawian-inspired décor and safari-style furnishings
- Brilliant for family-focussed adventures
- Excellent food served in a thatched dining room, beneath spreading baobab trees
For leisure and pleasure
- Game drives in a purpose-designed 4x4 vehicle, across the diversity of landscapes that make up Liwonde Park
- Sundowners followed by night drives to discover the huge range of Liwonde’s nocturnal animals
- Safaris and walking expeditions into the park’s Rhino Sanctuary
- Experience some of Malawi’s best bird watching
- Nature walks with an experienced guide
- River safaris to photograph hippo pods, bathing elephants, crocs and amazing birds
- Children’s pool and playground