Standing amongst the fiery red dunes of the Kalahari Desert, this welcoming lodge offers unforgettable desert experiences from the comfort of charming chalet accommodation.
Accommodation at this ranch-style lodge consists of four stilted chalets set on top of a sand dune; six chalets tucked in the valley between the dunes, and a further four adjoining garden rooms positioned next to the main lodge. When you’re not relaxing in the privacy of your own space, you can catch up with a book in the cosy reading lounge in the main lodge or cool off by the sparkling swimming pool.
A stay here is a chance to explore one of the world’s most spectacular landscapes. You can set out, in the company of the lodge’s expert guides, on nature drives in search of a variety of wildlife such as blue wildebeest, kudu, giraffe, zebra and meerkat. You’ll spot some of the region’s 150 different species of bird, go on night game drives and observe cheetahs up close during feedings. Stargazing at the Bagatelle Observatory and insightful cultural walks with San Bushmen complete your desert experience.
Bagatelle Kalahari Game Ranch, at a glance
- Serene desert lodge with a suberb setting on the edge of the southern Kalahari
- Once an old farmhouse that has since been extensively renovated
- A great place to break up the journey between Windhoek and the Fish River Canyon
- Four wooden chalets built on top of a sand dune, with baths, showers and fabulous views across the desert
- Six rooms built from ‘hay bales’ in between dunes in the valley
- Four adjoining garden rooms with a thatched veranda
- All guestrooms enjoy the same quality finishing and warm colour palette
- Main lodge with a curio shop and library
- Traditional African meals served in the dining room and al fresco in the open-air boma
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool with loungers
- Morning and afternoon nature drives in the reserve in search of interesting birds and desert-adapted wildlife
- Night time game drives offer you a chance to spot elusive nocturnal species such as wild cats and aardwolf
- Exciting horseback safaris catered to all levels of experience
- Enjoy breathtaking sundowners atop a sand dune
- Get incredible up-close photography of the resident cheetahs during feeding time
- Visit a traditional Bushman village where a local family will give you an insight into their day-to-day life
- Indulge in one of the property’s signature spa treatments, from massages to exfoliation