Set amidst the awe-inspiring scenery – jagged mountains, rocky outcrops and rolling sand dunes – of the Namib Desert, this upscale lodge is an oasis of tranquillity.
Sossusvlei Desert Lodge has an appeal for everyone, whether you are a couple looking for a unique getaway or a keen photographer wishing to capture Sossusvlei’s iconic red dunes and white salt pans. Families searching for fun desert adventures will find an array of activities at their fingertips, from quad biking over the dunes to guided walks and nature drives. You can even take to the skies in a hot air balloon – a great way to come to terms with the vastness of the desert.
Inspired by the colours of the landscape, the lodge uses elements of glass, slate, stone and timber to create a natural look that perfectly complements the surroundings. Each of the guestrooms are beautifully appointed and spacious, with the addition of a skylight above the beds that allow guests to drift off under the star-filled sky. The lodge also boasts a state-of-the-art observatory where guests can enjoy exceptional stargazing alongside a professional astronomer.
&Beyond Sossusvlei Desert Lodge, at a glance
- Luxury, modern lodge set in the Namib Desert
- Wraparound veranda opening onto infinite desert views
- 10 stone and glass villas with private verandas, ensuite bathrooms and outdoor showers
- Split-level bedroom and living areas
- Dining in the dunes or al fresco on the lantern-lit veranda
- Children of all ages are welcome at the lodge
For leisure and pleasure
- Fantastic stargazing opportunities
- Spring-fed swimming pool
- Picnics in the desert
- In-room massages
- Quad biking and motorbike excursions
- Hikes and guided nature walks
- Nature drives in 4x4 safari vehicles, a chance to encounter oryx, springbok, Burchell's & Hartmann’s zebra and bat-eared foxes
- Excursions to the Sossusvlei and Sesriem Canyon, San rock art sites and the desert’s intriguing “fairy circles”
- Hot air ballooning and scenic flights