Wonderfully small and private, the Cornerstone Guesthouse occupies a quiet corner of Swakopmund’s old town, within walking distance of pretty beaches, lively cafes and restaurants.
Striking the perfect balance between the personalised charm of a family-run B&B and the modern comforts of a high-end hotel, the Cornerstone Guesthouse is a superb spot from which to experience the delights of Swakopmund and the Skeleton Coast. The sea is just a stone’s throw away, and you can take advantage of a variety of activities that include quad-biking, dolphin watching and scenic flights over the beautiful desert and coastal landscape. Otherwise, visits to the Swakopmund Museum or Kristall Galerie are a great way to spend some time.
Accommodation is made up of seven light and spacious bedrooms, including two family rooms. Each has its own private patio where you can relax with a book overlooking the property’s tranquil garden. The property also boasts three luxurious self-catering apartments on the seafront that are perfect for larger groups. Breakfasts are generous and incorporate an array of fresh fruit, juices, yoghurts and breads. For lunch and dinner, Cornerstone can recommend the best restaurants in town.
Cornerstone Guesthouse, at a glance
- Charming boutique guesthouse located in a quiet area of Swakopmund on Namibia’s Skeleton Coast
- Located close to the Marine Museum and Old Brewery in the city’s Old Town
- Five double or twin rooms, and two family rooms sleeping up to four people
- Rooms are simply yet tastefully decorated in pretty ‘beach house’ style
- Amenities include wall-mounted LCD TVs, private patios and ensuite bathrooms with solar-assisted showers
- Three luxurious self-catering apartments, complete with panoramic Atlantic Ocean views
- Breakfasts are generous, with a wide selection of fresh fruit, breads and eggs cooked to order
- Very friendly and personal service
For leisure and pleasure
- Within walking distance of the main beach
- Great base for exploring the local museums including the Swakopmund Museum and Kristall Galerie
- The hotel can arrange a variety of adventure activities in the nearby area, from quad biking and kayaking to scenic flights
- Enjoy marine cruises in Walvis Bay
- Unwind between excursions in the inviting lounge
- Fantastic concierge service who will recommend the best restaurants to dine at, including the Jetty and the famous Tug Seafood Restaurant