Damaraland Camp offers eco-friendly accommodation and amazing desert views in Namibia’s remote Torra Conservancy, an area renowned for its population of desert dwelling elephants.
Combining ancient and contemporary techniques in its design, Damaraland Camp offers accommodation that is both luxurious and environmentally friendly. Each tent has ensuite facilities and a private deck, whilst the thatched living area with its bar and swimming pool is a superb place to relax in between activities. In the evenings, you can unwind in the outdoor ‘boma’ area around a crackling campfire, listening to the sounds of the wilderness and watching the starry night sky.
Activities at camp include day and night game drives in the Huab River Valley – a chance to spot desert-adapted elephant, springbok, gemsbok and the occasional lion – plus guided mountain hikes. Birding is also a rewarding experience with over 240 recorded species in the area, whilst cultural visits provide a fascinating insight into the heritage of the local people. Expert guides can even take you on excursions to see the region’s ancient rock art and unique geological formations.
Damaraland Camp, at a glance
- Luxury eco-camp situated in the private Torra Conservancy
- Incredible panoramas across the desert landscape with its sweeping valleys and dramatic Brandberg Mountains
- Ten recently refurbished thatched tents, including one family tent
- Ensuite facilities and walk-in showers
- Each has a wooden deck where you can take in the stunning views
- Friendly local staff who know the region intimately
- Owned and predominantly run by the local community
For leisure and pleasure
- Clear skies allow for exceptional stargazing
- Nature drives in the Huab River Valley in search of desert-adapted elephant, black rhino, kudu, springbok, Hartman’s mountain zebra, lion, cheetah, spotted hyena and more
- Guided walks with expert local guides
- Hiking in the Etendeka Mountains
- Insightful cultural visits to local villages
- Visit San rock art sites and unique geological phenomena
- Fantastic birding
- Swimming pool