Set in one of the wildest and starkly beautiful corners of Namibia, the intimate Hoanib Valley Camp offers you an experience like no other.
This brand new eco-camp in north-western Namibia opens the door to the wonders of Kaokoland – a remote wilderness defined by sweeping desert, rolling sand dunes and dramatic jagged mountains. Accommodation consists of just six guest tents, all with private verandas and en suite bathrooms. Each tent is inspired by the colours of the dunes and constructed from locally sourced materials, ensuring harmony with the surrounding landscape.
Activities focus primarily on the region’s unique, desert wildlife. Game drives along dry riverbeds will take you in search of desert-adapted lion, giraffe and elephant, as well as kudu, springbok, oryx, hornbills, eagles and the endangered black rhino. Guided nature walks allow you to experience the region’s smaller species, whilst day trips to the Skeleton Coast can also be arranged. For those interested in culture, visits to local Himba and Herero communities is a great way of getting an insight into life in this remote region.
Hoanib Valley Camp, at a glance
- Year-round luxury eco-camp in remote Kaokoland
- Overlooking the Hoanib River on the outskirts of the Palmwag Concession
- Total of six guest tents that sit on decks made of wood, bamboo and recycled materials
- Furniture shaped by local carvers and carpenters
- Private verandas, indoor and outdoor showers and Wi-Fi
- Main canvas area with indoor dining, bar and lounge
- Entirely solar powered
- The property is a joint venture between local communities and the Giraffe Conservation Foundation
For leisure and pleasure
- Game drives to encounter rare desert-adapted lion, elephant, giraffe and other species
- Rhino tracking with expert guides
- Guided walks to experience the desert’s smaller flora and fauna
- Cultural experiences with the Himba and Herero people
- Visit the field-base of the Giraffe Conservation Foundation to learn more about their cutting-edge research
- Enjoy trips to the Skeleton Coast National Park