Beautiful wooden floors deck the 8 luxury tents that are available at the Ongava Tented Camp. Set on the edge of the rugged beauty of the Etosha but in its own private 30,000 acre reserve, wildlife will not be scarce.
The Camp stands in the privately-owned, 30,000 hectare Ongava Game Reserve. It is set alongside the southern edge of Etosha – a beautiful National Park the size of Switzerland. So, as you can imagine, it offers you a safari adventure with as many stars as you could wish for….
Hundreds of elephants, lions, cheetah, gemsbok, springbok, hartebeest – even the opportunity to see both white and black rhino; one of the only places in Africa where that is possible.
With its secret hides and access to many tucked away watering holes, you will find yourself having close encounters with the stars of Africa’s diverse cast of wildlife.
Ongava Tented Camp, at a glance
- Set in its the 30,000 hectare private Ongava reserve, alongside the huge Etosha National Park
- Just eight safari tents with wooden floors
- Tents with en-suites and private decks
- Great cuisine served in a thatched dining area overlooking a busy watering hole
For leisure and pleasure
- Game drives to explore the boundless wildlife viewing opportunities of Etosha National Park
- Rhino-tracking on foot with specialist guides
- Bird watching includes ostrich, raptors and specialities like rockthrush, weavers, shrike, rockrunners, Hautlaub’s francolin and Ruppell’s parrot
- Hides and watering holes for close viewing of eland, zebra, black-faced impala and numerous other species