Perched atop a hill in the wilds of northern Namibia, with far-reaching views across the flat savannah, the modern Safarihoek Lodge offers truly upscale accommodation in the midst of this arid wilderness.
This stylish desert lodge is a fantastic choice for those looking to escape the crowds and reconnect with nature in a remote, undisturbed location. The lodge sits within an exclusive private reserve (blissfully free of crowds) just outside the renowned Etosha National Park, one of the country’s most prolific game areas. Wildlife roams freely across this landscape, and you can expect amazing encounters with a variety of species including mountain zebra, lion, elephant, giraffe, antelope and both white and black rhinos.
When not out on guided game drives, you can spend time in the lodge’s two-storey photography hide getting incredible close-up shots of the region’s diverse wildlife. Meals are served alfresco in the warmer months, and there’s also an inviting outdoor seating area centred around a campfire from which you can kick back and watch passing wildlife. Otherwise, retreat to your raised, thatched chalet where you can enjoy 180° views over the surrounding plains, including a great view of the waterhole from your private deck.
Safarihoek Lodge, at a glance
- Stylish desert lodge in a 60,000-hectare private game reserve, close to Etosha National Park
- Overlooks a large waterhole
- Jaw-dropping views over the stark, beautiful landscape studded with mopane woodland and dolomite hills
- Choice of 11 well-appointed chalets on wooden platforms, including one dedicated family chalet
- All come with private verandas, writing desks and air-conditioned ensuites with indoor showers
- Eight of the chalets also have outdoor showers with a view
- Thatched main area with fabulous views from large windows
- Enjoy alfresco dining on the outdoor deck in the warmer months
- Excellent conservation credentials
For leisure and pleasure
- Double-tiered photography hide offering close-ups of Namibia’s unique wildlife
- Swimming pool with panoramic views
- Morning and afternoon game drives in the Etosha Heights Private Reserve, a superb opportunity to encounter endangered black and white rhino
- Experience the bush after dark on an exciting night game drive
- Enjoy meals and picnics out in the bush
- Visit an anti-poaching station within the reserve
- Relax in the outdoor seating area
- Browse the small curio shop