Serra Cafema is a remote but luxury safari hideaway. Only reached by a three hour light aircraft ride, it provides the ultimate in safari-style accommodation. Eight Meru-style, canvas villas are complete with en-suite bathrooms and viewing decks.
This will sound odd, but you’ll find that a location as remote as this suddenly becomes the centre of the world. Well, your world at least.
And what a world it is. A place of canvas and thatched villas, giving you the perfect base for exploring some of the most fascinating environments in the whole of Southern Africa. Like the fragile, ever shifting and astonishingly visual Namib Desert sands. Like boating through the riverside oases of the Kunene. Like exploring surreal, lunar-like landscapes seemingly devoid of water. Like encountering Himba tribesmen, some of Africa’s last nomadic people. Fall asleep to the relaxing sounds of the gurgling rapids, just below the camp.
Serra Cafema, at a glance
- Truly remote, riverside setting in north west Namibia’s Hartman Valley
- Three hours by light aircraft
- Eight Meru-style, canvas and thatched villas
- En suite bathrooms and elevated viewing decks
- Special honeymoon villa
- Indoor and outdoor dining areas, sunken lounge and craft shop
For leisure and pleasure
- Excellent swimming pool
- Informative nature drives and careful quad bike safaris
- Dune exploration
- Boating on the Kunene River
- Tours through Hartman Valley
- Visits to mysterious ‘fairy circles’
- Game watching includes crocodile, chameleon, mountain zebra, gemsbok, springbok
- Fantastic birding including species like Burchell’s courser and Benguela long-billed lark