Located on Namibia’s wild and hauntingly beautiful Skeleton Coast, Shipwreck Lodge makes its home amidst the rolling sand dunes and mysterious shipwrecks.
One of Namibia’s most unique properties, all of the rooms at this remote lodge have been designed to resemble the shipwrecks that dot the coast. Rustic-looking from the outside, within you’ll be welcomed by modern, well-appointed rooms with ensuites. At the heart of the lodge you’ll find the lounge and restaurant, complete with a wraparound deck where you can take in far-flung views that stretch towards the shimmering Atlantic Ocean.
The property has several activities for guests to choose from. Game drives in the Skeleton Coast National Park will bring you encounters with fascinating desert-adapted wildlife, including elephant, giraffe, lion, baboon, numerous birds and the occasional brown hyena. Also on offer are excursions to the shipwrecks of Suiderkus and Karimona, the seal colony at Mowe Bay and the remarkable Clay Castles. And what better way to end the day then with a sundowner in the dune fields, watching the sunset over the golden sands.
Shipwreck Lodge, at a glance
- Brand-new lodge with an innovative design on the remote Skeleton Coast
- Constructed from wood and glass in the style of a shipwreck
- Far-reaching views over the rolling sand dunes and ocean
- 10 ensuite guestrooms including two family rooms
- Indoor showers and private decks
- Contemporary lounge and restaurant with a wraparound deck
For leisure and pleasure
- Game drives in search of desert elephants, lion and kudu
- Sundowners in the dune fields
- Visit the Suiderkus and Karimona shipwrecks
- Cultural visits to nearby Himba villages
- Swimming pool with sun loungers
- Visit the remarkable Clay Castles, the Hoanib River Delta or the seal colony at Mowe Bay