A founding member of the Global Ecosphere Retreats, Wolwedan’s collection of luxury, eco-friendly camps provide the perfect base from which to experience the wonders of the NamibRand Nature Reserve.
From a tranquil valley to the top of a dune plateau, each camp has been carefully positioned to ensure glorious views across the desert. Raised wooden decking and roll-up canvas walls ooze old-world charm and give an authentic safari feel, as well as leaving a light environmental footprint. Sustainability is at the heart of Wolwedans, with many measures in place - such as solar power and grey-water systems - to help preserve the desert’s ecosystem.
Accommodation ranges from spacious, ensuite chalets at the Dunes Lodge to classic tents at Boulders Camp. Whichever you choose, you can be sure of a homely, personalised service and all of the creature comforts - cosy down duvets, hot showers and wholesome, organic meals to name a few. And when you’re not at camp, you could find yourself on a guided walking safari or scenic drive in search of intriguing desert wildlife. Or drifting across the 400,000 acre reserve in a hot air balloon.
Wolwedans, at a glance
- Collection of luxury, eco-friendly camps in the vast NamibRand Nature Reserve
- Choice of Dunes Lodge (18 beds), Mountain View Suite (2 beds), Wolwedans Dune Camp (12 beds), Private Camp (6 beds, 3 en-suite rooms) and Boulders Safari Camp (8 beds)
- Built around sustainability, all camps and lodges are eco-sensitive and run on solar power
- Meals are fresh and wholesome, prepared using home-grown produce and served alongside local and South African wines
- Supports local communities through vocational training, as well as selling local arts and crafts in its curio shop
- Founding member of the Global Eco Retreats
For leisure and pleasure
- Scenic drives and flights
- Nature walks with expert, resident field guides
- Sundowners on the dunes and candlelit dinners
- Hot air ballooning
- Tours of the Wolwedans Village
- Horseback riding catered to all levels of ability
- Stunning photography opportunities
- Seasonal massage therapist, in addition to pedicures, manicures and facials