A 60-acre setting on the banks of a serene river might seem quite lavish. But Chinzombo also offers you private access by boat to Luangwa National Park.
Make sure Chinzombo is on the itinerary for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zambia and you can simply sail into the fabulous Luangwa National Park. And then your adventure can really begin as you trek through beautiful and virtually untouched wilderness in search of big game like elephants (it doesn’t come any bigger), hippo, zebra, jaguar, kudu and antelope and over 400 species of birds – including 39 different types of birds of prey.
Meanwhile, back at the camp, you’ll be able to interact with riverside wildlife and nature in a sustainable way that is good for the environment. You’ll also be able to relax beneath the shade of ancient trees, in a rustic-looking villa that includes modern conveniences like luxurious bathrooms and WiFi.
Chinzombo, at a glance
- Luxury safari lodge set on a bend of the glorious Luangwa River
- Just one hour from Mfuwe Airport
- Six traditional-style villas with private pools, including one villa large enough for parties of up to five
- Luxury bathrooms
- Furnishings are designed for elegant simplicity with natural Zambian materials like copper, leather, reedwork, canvas and timber
- Huge open dining room, firepit and bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Riverside habitat with its own wildlife
- Direct access to Luangwa National Park by boat from the camp
- Game drives and safaris
- Extraordinarily diverse and rich bird watching
- Nature walks with experienced guides
- Private wildlife and flora viewing platform
- Yoga, exercise and spa area