Built out of wild wood, with ferro walls and an infinity pool that seems to reach into the river itself, Chongwe River House is part of the environment. Even the sitting room furniture was carved from a single, fallen winterthorn tree.
And then there are the elephants. A magnificent herd of them who treat the house as part of the natural habitat, as they join the other game that comes down to the river’s edge to drink – all within plain view of the house’s game-viewing deck.
Of course, Chongwe River House does also offer fantastic safaris, but to capture wildlife you don’t have to lift a finger – just your camera.
Chongwe River House, at a glance
- Superb Chongwe riverbank setting
- Organically designed private house sleeping a party of eight
- Four spacious, double bedroom suites with stunning escarpment or bush views
- Waterfall shower bathrooms
- Expansive game viewing deck
- Fully trained staff who positively welcome children
For leisure and pleasure
- Large infinity pool
- Private use of game drive vehicles, canoes and boat for variety of safaris
- Experienced safari scout and guide
- Close to Zambezi National Park – over 4000 square km of game-rich wilderness
- Bird watching by boat along the islands
- Angling for tiger fish