Luxurious tents, panoramic views, fabulous guiding and diverse wildlife – a stay at Shumba Camp is what holidays to Zambia are all about.
Make Shumba Camp a feature on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zambia and you’ll stay in one of just six well-appointed tents, each with en suite bathrooms and plenty of living space. You’ll find yourself at the very heart of the Busanga Plains, surrounded by open floodplains and an incredible cast of wildlife featuring lion, cheetah, wild dog, hippo, crocodile, oribi and roan antelope. Plus a dazzling variety of birds.
Shaded by a canopy of fig trees, the bar and dining area looks out over the plains, whilst the main deck provides a wonderful spot for star-gazing. But it’s the range of activities that make a stay here really special. As well as bird safaris and game drives, you will have the opportunity to take to the skies in a hot air balloon, a brilliant vantage point from which to view game. Also on offer are boating and walking excursions, both great ways to experience the park’s smaller wonders.
Shumba Camp, at a glance
- Premier safari camp nestled in Kafue’s Busanga Plains
- Located in a wetland area home to numerous predators and an abundance of plains game
- The lion viewing is believed to be amongst the best in Africa
- Choice of six luxury tents with en suite bathrooms
- Indoor and outdoor showers
- The camp is built on raised platforms allowing for fabulous views over the game-rich plains
- Comfortable bar and dining area
For leisure and pleasure
- Pool with loungers
- Outdoor cushioned seating area centred around a campfire
- Exciting game drives in open vehicles during the day
- Night drives to view elusive nocturnal species
- Bush walks with knowledgeable guides
- Spectacular hot air balloon safaris (seasonal)
- Boating along the channels of the Busanga Plains (seasonal)
- Incredible bird watching safaris, with nearly 500 species of bird recorded
- Star gazing on the camp’s main deck