The spectacle is breath-taking, the crashing of water pouring over the precipice is deafening, the sight mesmerising. But the mighty Zambezi also has another side.
Of course, you have to visit the world-renowned Victoria Falls on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Zambia – it is one of the must-see sights for any world traveller. And Waterberry Zambezi Lodge is just a short drive from the falls; close to the interesting town of Livingston. But once you’ve wondered at the massive power of nature, once you’ve exhausted your camera’s memory on the spray rainbow, the fragile-looking bridge, the great cascades of plunging water it’s time to discover another side to one of Africa’s mightiest rivers.
From Waterberry you can cruise along the Zambezi, watching families of elephants drinking at the water’s edge. You can spot innumerable birds, fish for monsters on a floating pontoon or simply laze in the African sun, beside an elegant swimming pool.
Waterberry Zambezi Lodge, at a glance
- Superb collection of thatched cottages on the banks of the Zambezi
- A short drive from Livingston and the amazing Victoria Falls
- Choice of seven double, twin or family-sized cottages set in profuse gardens
- Private, furnished decks for relaxing and sundowners, complete with splendid views over the river or lake
- High thatched roofs and tented beds
- Classic en suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning and overhead fans
- Excellent food served in the dining hall or al fresco on the sun terrace overlooking the river and game park opposite
For leisure and pleasure
- Perfect base for visiting the Victoria Falls and exploring Zambia – with easy access to Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia
- Swimming pool and plunge pool
- Floating pontoon for fishing and relaxing
- Signposted nature trail – excellent for bird watching and small mammal spotting
- Dawn, daytime and sunset cruises along the Zambezi
- Island picnics
- Cultural visits to local villages and trips to Livingstone