Grootbos is big on making you and your family feel welcome. Set in its own private nature reserve overlooking spectacular Walker Bay, it’s also big on adventure. From here you can go whale watching – spotting Southern Rights, dolphins, seals and penguins as they carouse just off the coast. Or you can dive with sharks, in a protective cage.
Or, at the other end of the scary scale but no less fascinating, you can take a flower safari and discover dense milkwood thickets and natural treasures like fynbos – something of a passion at Grootbos. Along with making sure guests enjoy the best of everything, in the biggest possible way.
Grootbos, at a glance
- A private nature reserve just two hours drive along the Garden Route from Cape Town
- Within easy reach of Hermanus, Knysna and Plettenburg Bay
- Forest Lodge with 16 luxury suites and astounding views over a 1500 year old milkwood forest
- Garden Lodge with 11 freestanding suites surrounded by indigenous fynbos Villa with six luxurious suites, private butler, chef and guide
- Superb restaurant with a menu that can be tailored to suite guests of all ages
For leisure and pleasure
- Each lodge has its own observation deck, sitting room and swimming pool Bloom Beauty Salon offering a range of spa treatments
- Unrivalled whale-watching and shark-swimming opportunities
- Superb Indian Ocean beaches
- Fascinating flower safaris and excellent bird watching
- Nature walks and game spotting – including baboon, lynx, buck and snakes Horse riding and visits to Klipgat Caves
- Scenic flights