‘Tanda Tula’ means ‘to love the quiet’. It could also mean ‘to love the great outdoors’. Or ‘to love watching wildlife in its natural habitat’!
Your tented bushveld lodge may be luxurious by normal safari standards, but take a couple of steps beyond its wooden veranda and you are in unfettered, untamed African wilderness. There are no fences between Timbavati and one of Africa’s most game-rich regions – the Kruger National Park.
So whilst Tanda Tula will give you plenty of opportunity to love the quiet and discover your inner self in its natural tranquillity…you may also be awakened in the middle of the night by the majestic roar of passing lions. You’ll also find yourself in tracking wild elephants, rhinos, Cape buffalo, leopard, giraffe and a startling variety of exotic birds. As well as the Big Five, Tanda Tula is home to the rare white lion. Prepare for a safari extraordinaire.
Tanda Tula, at a glance
- Unrivalled game watching amongst 20,000 hectares of wilderness and undisturbed biodiversity
- Just 12 luxurious, tented lodges set deep in the bushveld
- Each with a private game-viewing deck overlooking the Nharalumi riverbed
- Victorian-style en suite bathrooms with large tubs and outside showers
- Safari dining under the stars in the boma, garden or riverbed
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting, infinity edge pool overlooking a busy watering hole
- Machaton Hide for game watching, private picnics and ‘star beds’
- Dawn and dusk safaris in search of the Big five and other game
- Adventurous overnight walking safaris
- Game drives and daytime walking safaris
- Riverbed picnics
- Romantic private dinners