Reconnect with nature and experience an authentic African safari at the recently opened Ikuka Safari Camp in Tanzania, fabulously located in Ruaha National Park.
This is an exclusive, stylish camp of just six spacious tents built onto the rim of the Mwagusi escarpment, with awe-inspiring views across the Ruaha Valley. Built from local stone and thatch, each tent is beautifully furnished with white quartz interiors, super-king sized beds, large bathrooms and a lounge area that opens onto your own private balcony. The camp’s communal area features a bar and lounge in addition to a refreshing swimming pool and deck.
Owner-run and managed, Ikuka offers its guests a more personal and intimate wilderness experience in one of the country’s finest game-viewing destinations. The camp is situated within easy reach of the park’s wildlife hotspots, so you can expect great encounters with a variety of species on both game drives and guided bush walks. Other activities include photography lessons and visits to local community projects.
Ikuka Safari Camp, at a glance
- Owner-run luxury safari camp in a secluded area of Ruaha National Park
- Just six tents in total, all with panoramic views over the Mwagusi River and surrounding landscape
- Amenities include plush beds, spacious bathrooms, lounges with leather seating and large wooden decks
- Locally sourced and sustainable materials
- 24-hour electricity and hot water
- Light and modern communal spaces including a lounge, dining area and bar
- Superb level of guiding
For leisure and pleasure
- Early morning and afternoon game drives in 4x4 safari vehicles in Ruaha National Park
- Encounter elephants, lions and herds of buffalo, zebra and antelope
- Guided walking safaris offer a closer look at smaller aspects of the bush
- Photography safaris
- Visits to community projects
- Ruaha is a renowned birding destination with hundreds of species to be spotted
- Cultural tours offer an insight into local life
- Cool off in the infinity pool with great views over the landscape below