Kuro is a uniquely rustic yet very comfortable camp in the heart of the Tarangire National Park, surrounded by lush plains and teeming wildlife.
From a distance you will barely notice Kuro; it is so well settled into the surrounding bush that it isn’t merely ‘part of the landscape’, it is the landscape. Wooden structure, thatched roof, open sides...its tonal values, and the materials from which it is made, perfectly match the local habitat. Specify Kuro as a destination on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Tanzania and you’ll be able to walk to the Tarangire River, itself rich in game, or take a leisurely game drive to the Silale Swamp, one of the best spots for watching wildlife.
Then all you have to do is wait. It won’t be long before elephants, moving with uncanny quietness, amble past. You’re also highly likely to see lion, leopard, giraffe, zebra, eland, buffalo and impala.
Kuro, at a glance
- Rustic, original safari camp set in the Tarangire National Park
- Seasonal camp with an exceptionally light ecological footprint
- Just six, light and airy safari tents shaded by acacia and kigelia trees
- En suite bucket showers and flushing eco-toilets
- Wood and canvas complemented by colourful, tactile furnishings
- Excellent camp food served in the open-sided lounge and dining area
For leisure and pleasure
- Minutes from the banks of the Tarangire River
- Early morning game walks along the river banks
- Daytime safaris in open vehicles providing 360° views
- Night drives to observe nocturnal creatures
- Large prides of lion
- Herds of elephant and buffalo numbering hundreds
- Over 550 recorded species of indigenous and migratory birds
- Great photo-opportunities of elephants beneath baobab trees
- Evenings around the camp fire