From dawn to dusk expect to see huge numbers of game in impressive diversity – from big cats to huge herbivores like water buffalo, giraffe and zebra. Expect to see, during the calving season, any number of newly born wildebeest demonstrating the saying ‘hitting the ground running’.
And, after the sun sets, the real stars come out. At Kusini Camp you’ll enjoy a generous dinner in a tented dining room perched high on a rocky outcrop. The perfect place to marvel at the vivid African night sky. No light pollution here of course, just an infinity of inky blackness, perforated by planets, stars and comets.
Kusini Camp, at a glance
- The only permanent camp in the southern Serengeti
- So remote it has its own airstrip
- 12 luxury safari tents set high on a kopje overlooking the plains
- Shaded by acacia trees
- Each tent has great views and personal attendants
- Communal tent with library, sitting and dining room plus veranda
For leisure and pleasure
- Fantastic game drives across the southern Serengeti
- Great cheetah tracking
- Sundowner cocktails served every evening after game drives
- Bush picnics, breakfasts and lunches
- Fantastic cosmic, star-gazing ‘safari’
- Extra activities include a hot air balloon adventure