From its rocky peninsula overlooking the majestic Rufiji River, this lodge is ideally placed to let you explore the surrounding gorges, lakes, woodlands and open plains. Such a diversity of habitat naturally attracts a huge variety of different creatures, each one fascinating and surprising in its own right.
And Sand Rivers help you discover them all, at your own pace. The safaris are arranged to suit you and the creatures you want to see – and you also have a choice of adventuring by boat, safari vehicle or tracking through gorges and forests on foot – accompanied by an expert guide who will give you a real insight into your environment.
Sand Rivers, at a glance
- Enviable setting overlooking the Rufiji River
- Access to an appealing range of diverse habitat
- Eight stone and thatched, riverside and hillside cottages - all with open fronts giving far-reaching, river views
- En suite bathrooms and showers
- Hillside suites have large living spaces and private plunge pools
For leisure and pleasure
- 4WD safari vehicles for reaching across the plains
- Boat safaris to game hotspots
- Walking safaris for close-up encounters
- Exploration of riverine bush and flood plains
- Visits to Stigler’s Gorge to watch eagles hunt monkeys
- Fly camping overnight in the bush
- Fishing and chilling beside the pool