Beautifully situated on the rim of an extinct volcano with dramatic views of the Rwenzori Mountains, Ndali Lodge is perfectly poised for excursions within the primate playground of Kibale Forest.
Set atop a hill overlooking rolling green hills, this traditional colonial lodge is made up of just eight stone and thatch cottages framed by verdant gardens. All rooms are generously sized, with interiors crafted from local materials and private verandas overlooking the rugged Rwenzori. The main lodge is inviting and airy, with large windows and a communal dining table where delicious local dishes are served each day. Guests can enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool or in the beautiful crater lake below, relax in the sauna and make use of the dedicated yoga pagoda.
The property lies just 45 minutes away from Kibale Forest National Park, with expert guides on hand to lead you exciting excursions in search of the area’s wild chimpanzees, colobus monkeys, elephants and colourful butterflies. You’ll also be able to go birdwatching in the excellent Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary, visit the nearby Mahoma waterfall and join local guides on walks around the 1,000-acre farm and vanilla plantation.
At a glance
- Traditional owner-run lodge set in the heart of Uganda’s Bunyaruguru Crater Lakes region
- Located on 1,000 acres of private farmland and surrounded by rolling green hills, banana plantations and magnificent crater lakes
- The stunning Lake Nyinambuga lies just below the lodge
- Drink in dramatic views of the Rwenzori Mountains
- Stay in one of eight comfortably appointed stone and thatch cottages built from locally sourced materials
- Welcoming interiors that feature white walls, polished floors, exposed beams, wooden furnishings and local artefacts
- Ensuite bathrooms with large bathtubs and hot running water
- Dining room and lounge serving fresh local cuisine alongside serene lake views
For leisure and pleasure
- Great base for tracking the famous chimpanzees of Kibale Forest
- Enjoy trips to the nearby Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary where you’ll find many birds and primates
- Ndali Lodge is also within easy driving distance of the Rwenzori Mountains National Park and famous Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Enjoy a refreshing swim in the crater lake below the lodge, or take a kayak out to spot kingfishers along the shoreline
- Take guided walks around the farm and to the Mahoma waterfall
- Unwind by the swimming pool
- Other facilities include a sauna, comfy lounge, library and yoga pagoda