Set amongst private tropical gardens on one of Zanzibar’s most beautiful, unspoilt beaches, fringed with coconut trees and plenty of hammocks – the ideal beach holiday.
The small and intimate Pongwe Beach Hotel is located in one of Zanzibar's most beautiful bays, protected by a coral reef providing excellent snorkelling opportunities. The rooms have been built in a traditional Zanzibari style complete with coconut palm thatched roof (with the leaves sourced from the hotel beach), lime wash walls and hand-crafted wooden doors and hand crafted furniture.
Enjoy exquisite seafood dishes at the hotel chef who sources the finest ingredients from around the island to cater for every individual. The hotel provides the perfect base to explore the island or simply relax and unwind by the pool or on the white sand beach.
Pongwe Beach Hotel, at a glance
- Gorgeous, bay-side setting on the edge of Zanzibar's east coast
- Just 20 thatched cottages with private verandas, overlooking the sea
- Seaview suites have private plunge pools
- En suites and Moroccan style showers
- Chef prepared meals using local produce and fresh seafood
- Beautiful tropical gardens
For leisure and pleasure
- Large swimming pool on the beach with magnificent sea views
- 24 hour reception service and attentive service
- Diving and snorkelling on a reef nearby Mnemba Atoll
- Traditional dhow for driving and game fishing expeditions
- Jeep and scooter hire for island exploration