Overlooking the calm waters of Lake Mutirikwi, Norma Jean’s tranquil lakeside retreat is the perfect base for exploring the incredible Great Zimbabwe monument.
Norma Jean’s is a truly inviting space with beautiful gardens centred around the tin-roofed homestead of former owner and pioneer Murray MacDougal. A tranquil setting just minutes from the UNESCO-listed Great Zimbabwe monument, a ruined city that served as the capital of the Kingdom of Zimbabwe until it was abandoned in the 15th century.
As well as eight ensuite guestrooms, the property boasts four fully-equipped and self-catering family lodges - all of which have private balconies looking out across the lake’s still waters. The restaurant serves full breakfasts, a la carte lunches and set-menu dinners, all featuring delicious, home-style cooking. As well as tours around the ruins of Great Zimbabwe, activities include bass fishing in the lake, boat cruises and superb guided birdwatching in Lake Mutirikwi Recreational Park.
Norma Jean’s Lakeview Resort, at a glance
- Tranquil lake-view resort on the banks of Lake Mutirikwi
- A picturesque woodland setting close to the Great Zimbabwe monument
- Colonial-style accommodation with understated, stylish décor
- Guests can choose between eight ensuite guestrooms and four self-catering family lodges
- Private balconies open onto beautiful lake views
- Restaurant serving delicious, home-style breakfasts, a la carte lunches and set dinners
For leisure and pleasure
- Wander the lush, beautiful gardens
- Easy access to the ruins of the Great Zimbabwe monument
- Unwind on the hotel’s large veranda with its splendid lake view
- A cosy lounge where you can socialise with fellow guests
- Sailing, boat cruises and bass fishing opportunities
- Try your hand at skiing on the third largest dam near Masvingo
- Guided walks and birdwatching in Lake Mutirikwi Recreational Park
- Full camping facilities including an all-weather boma