Lying just upstream of the legendary Victoria Falls, or the ‘Smoke That Thunders’ to the locals, Old Drift Lodge is one of the closest properties located to this natural wonder.
Old Drift Lodge is a graceful, riverside sanctuary set in the wild, unspoilt wilderness of Zambezi National Park. Strewn along the river’s edge, each of the 14 canvas suites sit in harmony with the natural environment. Though simple in exterior, the fully air-conditioned interiors are stylishly appointed with brass basins, soft lighting fixtures and contemporary decor. Sliding glass doors open onto outdoor decks fitted with private plunge pools and claw foot bathtubs that allow guests to enjoy a relaxing soak whilst listening to the calls of the wild and the soothing river sounds.
From the main lodge area, you’ll be able to enjoy incredible 360-degree views, either north onto the mighty Zambezi River or south onto a waterhole frequented by elephant, sable, zebra, giraffe and buffalo. With a mere seven-kilometre stretch of river separating the lodge from the town of Victoria Falls, it’s a fantastic base for guided excursions to the awe-inspiring cascades. Game drives with qualified guides are also on offer, as are river safaris and exciting guided bush walks.
Old Drift Lodge, at a glance
• High-end lodge located on the banks of the Zambezi just seven kilometres from the Victoria Falls
• Located on a private concession within the Zambezi National Park
• 14 luxurious, air-conditioned suites with indoor and outdoor showers, private plunge pools, outdoor bathtubs and star beds
• Four family suites with two interconnecting bedrooms
• Main lodge area features a large dining room, bar and lounge fitted with comfy sofas and an open fire
• Delicious meals prepared from fresh local produce by an in-house chef
• Lookout Café spectacularly situated above the chasm of the Batoka Gorge
• Accessed by speedboat
For leisure and pleasure
• Guided excursions to the monumental Victoria Falls
• Exciting morning and afternoon game drives in the national park
• Scenic morning and afternoon river safaris
• Insightful guided walking safaris
• Charming village visits
• Opportunity for white-water rafting and canopy walks
• Sala with an open fire fit and riverside deck
• Magnificent views across the Zambezi to Zambia on the other side