Built specifically for polar exploration, Akademik Ioffe is small, fast and manoeuvrable offering Antarctic and Arctic cruises. Great wildlife viewing and photo opportunities.
Akademik Ioffe was purpose built to explore the poles so, as an expedition cruise ship, she has few equals (other than the Sergey Vavilov, of course). She is fast – which means you spend less time getting there, and more time appreciating the wonders of the Antarctic and Arctic. She’s manoeuvrable, so she can bring you up close to the astonishing sights of the White Continent. And – for an expedition-style ship with the emphasis on adventure - she’s surprisingly comfortable.
Expect world class cuisine and a great bar. Expect a piano lounge and a covered, outside decks that are perfect for viewing both wildlife and the stunning scenery. Expect a sauna, hot spa and Polar salt water plunge pool. And expect to be welcomed on the bridge of the ship, where you can ask questions and immerse yourself in the details of your voyage.
Akademik Ioffe, at a glance
- All cabins with ocean views
- Just 96 passengers
- Covered outside viewing decks
- Lounge and bar
- Library and clinic
- Exercise room, saunas, plunge pool
- Zodiac shore excursions
Click here to download deck plans and specific suite details
Christmas availability: Save £500
- 10 night cruise on the Ioffe, three nights in Buenos Aires (two before the cruise and one after), one night in Ushuaia, transfers and all flights (international direct with British Airways in and out of Buenos Aires, domestic flights between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia)
- Prices start from £11,285 per person in a twin semi-private cabin (shared bathroom).
- Travel dates: 14th to 30th December 2016 (the cruise is from 18th to 28th).
Speak to one of our experts for more details.