Built specifically for polar exploration, Akademik Sergey Vavilov is small, fast and manoeuvrable offering Antarctic and Arctic cruises with great wildlife viewing and photo opportunities.
Akademik Sergey Vavilov was purpose built as a scientific expedition ship to perform sensitive oceanic acoustic research for the Russian Academy of Science. That’s something you’ll appreciate when you realise their speed means you spend less time sailing and longer experiencing the wildlife and the extraordinary scenery of Antarctic and Arctic. Especially from the Sergey Vavilov’s top deck bar with its panoramic views. You’ll also appreciate their stability…and their other aids-to-comfort. The fine, international cuisine, lounge and bar, for instance. The two saunas, library, gym and clinic. Choose either the Vavilov, or it’s sister ship, the Ioffe, and you’ll arrive sooner, see more and enjoy vessels that are amongst the best in Polar expedition cruising, where the emphasis is less on luxury and more on experiencing the Polar Regions.
Akademik Sergey Vavilov, at a glance
- All cabins with ocean views
- Just 96 passengers
- Advanced stabilisers and self trimming equipment
- Lounge and bar
- Exercise room, saunas, plunge pool
- Zodiac shore excursions
Click here to download deck plans and specific suite details
Christmas availability: Save £500
- 10 night cruise on the Vavilov, one night in Santiago, two nights in Punta Arenas (one before and one after the cruise), transfers and all flights (international with Iberia via Madrid, domestic flights between Santiago and Punta Arenas)
- Prices start from £11,225 per person in a twin semi-private cabin (shared bathroom).
- Travel dates: 14th to 29th December 2016 (the cruise is from 17th to 27th and is a fly cruise from Punta Arenas).
Speak to one of our experts for more details.