From flightseeing to heli-hiking, a voyage aboard Quark Expeditions’ Ultramarine promises you nothing short of the ultimate polar expedition experience.
The latest vessel to join the fleet, Ultramarine offers the most comprehensive portfolio of polar activities in the industry, including unparalleled access to some of the most remote and (seemingly) inaccessible corners of the Arctic. Kitted out with two on-board twin-engine helicopters, you’ll have the opportunity to take in the stunning polar landscapes from the sky - a truly mesmerising perspective - and visit destinations only accessible by air.
Other activities on the menu include Zodiac boat tours, heli-hiking, alpine kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, cross-country skiing and mountain biking. The on-board experience will be just as memorable. Expansive indoor and outdoor observation areas combine with a stylish panorama lounge, lecture theatre, two restaurants and beautifully designed wellness facilities that include a spa, sauna and large gym. Many of the 102 cabins offer step-out balconies where you can watch the passing landscapes from luxury deckchairs and padded loungers.
Ultramarine, at a glance
• Technologically-advanced vessel designed to explore the most remote areas of the poles
• The vessel is designed to operate for 70 days straight if need be
• 199 guests are accommodated in 102 cabins across nine categories
• Amenities include smart HDTV, custom-made beds, premium bedding, writing desks, seating areas, ensuite bathrooms and individually controlled air-conditioning
• Fitted with two twin-engine helicopters that offer astonishing aerial views of the polar landscapes
• Enjoy alpine kayaking, flightseeing tours, sea kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, guided mountaineering, camping and skiing
• Spacious and stylishly appointed indoor and outdoor observation areas
• Restaurant with direct access to a 360-degree wraparound deck and wine-tasting bar
• Panorama Lounge with floor-to-ceiling glass windows offering unobstructed views
• Wellness facilities include a spa with massage rooms, heated loungers and a yoga room
• Large, well-equipped fitness centre
• Auditorium with a state-of-the-art, high-resolution LED screen wall
• Polar boutique stocked with expedition gear
• Water-level Zodiac hangar with four embarkation points for coastal cruising and shore side exploration
Where will the Ultramarine take you?
• Arctic Canada
• Northwest Passage