Refined, spacious and powered by two state-of-the-art Rolls Royce engines, the World Explorer ranks amongst the fastest and most luxurious ships in Quark Expedition’s polar portfolio.
The World Explorer boasts six tiers of premier suite accommodation. Every suite has its own private walk-out or French balcony where you can look out over the ocean and extraordinary polar landscape. In addition, the vessel also has an array of elegant social spaces to relax and mingle with fellow shipmates throughout the day. The glass-domed Observation Lounge, with its panoramic views, is a particular favourite, as is the ship’s wraparound deck where heated seats allow for optimal comfort whilst admiring passing icebergs.
Health and wellness enthusiasts won’t have to give up their routine whilst at sea, with facilities that include an outdoor track, a small gym, sauna and indulgent L'Occitane Spa where you can enjoy massages and facials. Not forgetting the large heated outdoor pool on Deck 7, framed by two hot tubs. Every day at sea is different but will likely include multiple shore landings, Zodiac cruises, workshops and presentations. The ship’s ‘Ready Room’ is conveniently located next to Zodiac embarkation points.
World Explorer, at a glance
• The 172-guest World Explorer is an impressive all-balcony, all-suite expedition ship
• In-suite amenities include a refrigerator, TV, state of the art “infotainment” system, private bathrooms and L’Occitane toiletries
• Enjoy the panoramic views from the glass-domed Observation Lounge
• Delicious, high-quality meals served in the dining room
• Inviting library where you can browse a selection of field guides and reference books
• Wraparound deck with heated seating
• Large heated outdoor swimming pool and two hot tubs
• Outdoor track, small gym, sauna and L’Occitane Spa complete with changing rooms, showers and lockers
• Enjoy presentations and discussions in the dedicated lecture theatre
• Add-on activities include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddle boarding
• ‘Ready Room’ allowing passengers to comfortably prepare for Zodiac excursions
• Pick up essential items and souvenirs in the Polar Boutique
Where will the World Explorer take you?
• South Georgia