You’d visit Bagan to immerse yourself in its exuberant temples and spiritual monuments. So it makes sense to stay at the heart of the ancient city’s Archaeological Preservation Zone.
From your vantage point on the side of the hill Bagan spreads out before you; temple after temple bursting through the dense green treetops of the surrounding forest, their multiple spires representing different eras in the city’s long history. Some resemble huge man-made termite hills, some have multi-layered, pagoda-style roofs whilst others feature vast, decorated egg-shaped domes. It is an inspiring sight that becomes even more breath-taking as you venture nearer and see the decoration and stonework at close quarters.
It’s definitely worth including Bagan on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Myanmar. Even more so if you specify the Aureum Palace because you’ll be staying in a hotel that reflects its surroundings, in the midst of the Bagan Archaeological Preservation Zone and within easy reach of the most fabulous temples.
Aureum Palace Hotel, at a glance
- Traditionally-styled luxury resort and spa set in 27 acres of landscaped tropical gardens
- Situated within the Bagan Archaeological Preservation Zone
- Choice of generous guest rooms and supremely luxurious villas
- Rooms are huge with hardwood floors, en suite bathrooms and separate shower cabins
- Elegant Xanadu Restaurant serves traditional Myanmar dishes, fusion and international cuisine
- Poolside barbecues and Hero’s pool bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Infinitely soothing and restoring spa set in a replica 11th century temple, offering Thai, Swedish and herbal oil massages
- Superb base for exploring the ancient temples, spiritual monuments and shrines of the city – once the religious capital of the Kingdom of Bagan
- Close to the Bagan Viewing Tower, Min Nanthu Village and Bagan Nyaung Oo Golf Club
- Tranquil walks around the picturesque lake
- Electric bikes for exploring at your own pace