Now exclusive use and still as Australian as Joeys and barbies, Arkaba Station gives you a true taste of the outback and life on a sheep station.
As they say locally, this is the real deal. At Arkaba, you will be staying in a genuine 1850’s homestead at the centre of a 60,000 acre sheep station. But there’s much, much more to see than thousands of sheep. Now with exclusive use, you will be surrounded only by an undisturbed outback wilderness. This is the wild bush including sharp, rocky bluffs standing starkly against an unfailingly blue sky. Plus dry creek beds, singing with insects and lined with quintessential river red gums. There is weird geology, astonishing gorges and even more remarkable wildlife – all yours to discover.
Arkaba Station, at a glance
- The deep outback, but just over four hours from Adelaide
- Five guestrooms in a traditional, working 1850s sheep station
- Luxury en suite bathrooms and veranda access
- Excellent home cooking served on cool veranda overlooking the range
- Library for relaxing
For leisure and pleasure
- 4WD exploration of surrounding bush
- Visit prehistoric sea beds, geological sculptures, towering mountains and plunging gorges
- Wildlife-spotting trips and bush walkabouts
- Working sheep station (shearing in 1865 shed usually in August)
- Optional hot air balloon or plane flights
- Mountain biking