A truly remote, luxury experience awaits at the Berkeley River Lodge on the pristine Kimberley Coast.
You’ll find Berkeley River Lodge atop a spectacular sand dune overlooking the Timor Sea, Reveley Island and the mouth of the Berkeley River. With no road access, just getting here is part of the adventure. You’ll arrive by private boat or chartered floatplane from Kununurra, and be welcomed into one of Australia’s most isolated retreats where modern life is exchanged for wide open spaces, abundant nature and barefoot luxury by the sea. From river cruises and gorge hikes to fishing for the mighty barramundi, enjoy as little or as much activity as you like.
Surrounded by native vegetation atop a coastal dune, each eco villa boasts a 180-degree ocean or river view, plenty of privacy and an open-air bathroom - for bathing in the Kimberley moonlight. The main lodge blends contemporary architecture and the environment, and incorporates both indoor and outdoor dining facilities alongside panoramic views of the coast and river mouth. Dining is a laidback affair with flavoursome European menus utilising the finest global ingredients. A 20-metre lap pool will satisfy those wanting to relax, with poolside lounges and a library providing a great excuse to catch up on some reading.
Berkeley River Lodge, at a glance
- Remote, luxe lodge with a prime outback location on the stunning Kimberley Coast
- Reached only via chartered floatplane or private boat
- Chic, modern interiors with bright white walls, natural-toned furnishings and wooden accents
- 20 air conditioned villas nestled atop a coastal dune
- Open-air bathrooms with showers and free standing bathtubs
- Private balconies adorned with comfortable day beds
- Spectacular 180-degree ocean or river views
- European-style cuisine prepared using the best quality ingredients and served alongside a fine selection of Australian wines and cheeses
- Oval-shaped bar for sunset drinks
For leisure and pleasure
- Full and half-day boat cruises along the coast or the Berkeley River
- Spot native flora and fauna, including saltwater crocodiles and rock wallabies
- Gorge hikes to Casuarina Falls
- Fish for an impressive array of species such as queen fish and the elusive barramundi
- Guided bush, beach and creek walks
- Helicopter tours to discover hidden natural treasures
- 4WD adventures taking in native wildlife, interesting rock formations and sweeping ocean vistas
- Birdwatching tours and visits to ancient rock art sites