High above the ancient waterways of the Katherine River system lies your opportunity to step back in time and connect with the age-old heritage of the Jawoyn people.
There is a chance to see, explore and understand a whole new perspective on this most fascinating of continents. And all you have to do is make sure that Cicada Lodge fits into your plans for a luxury, tailor-made holiday to Australia.
Run as a joint venture by the Jawoyn community and Indigenous Business Australia, Cicada Lodge is extremely stylish. Expect a pool with wooden decking and glass surrounds, a sophisticated dining area and a design style that fuses Australian and Indigenous elements.
But Cicada Lodge’s real speciality is taking you on insightful regional and wildlife tours that whisk you back in time to the cultural heritage of the area’s traditional owners, and give you a fresh appreciation of the ancient landscape – from an indigenous perspective. Absolutely unmissable.
Cicada Lodge, at a glance
- Designer wilderness lodge, nestling in natural bush
- Only 32 km from Katherine town centre and 300 km south of Darwin
- Choice of 18 luxurious rooms, all with full air conditioning
- Full length louvre doors leading to private balconies with pretty views
- Complimentary, high speed internet
- Chic dining area serving traditional regional flavours, combined with the best Australian produce.
For leisure and pleasure
- Inviting swimming pool with glass-walled sundeck
- Experience the ancient landscape of Nitmiluk National Park
- Helicopter flights to remote beauty spots
- Swimming beneath crystal waterfalls
- Centuries old rock art interpreted by indigenous guides
- Traditional Jawoyn legends and cultural insight
- Explore the jaw-droppingly beautiful gorge system by canoe
- 192 different species of indigenous birds, plus freshwater crocs, turtles, flying foxes, dingos, wallabies and wallaroos.